It is such a blessing to have friends with you when you're in a foreign country and in unfamiliar places. Joey and I have been really extra blessed to have our friends Tom and Caitlyn with us here. Tom grew up with Joey and now lives in England, when he isn't here, Caitlyn is from southern California and actually heads home this Saturday! Sad day!!!
The other night we planned a date night over at our house. It was so much fun to entertain. I spent the afternoon making cookies and watching a movie with Amos, Simon and Esther. Then I started getting ready. I loved getting to put out dishes and a cute little table cloth. When I started getting ready the weather was wonderful, a nice breeze, a bit of sun and the perfect temperature. So I set us up outside. Little did I know what the evening held.
Around 5 Joey came home and decided he wanted to BBQ the burgers and he wanted to make french fries. So off he went to get potatoes, bricks, charcoal and a grill of sorts. He came back and set up the make shift grill and started peeling potatoes. It was so cute to watch him get excited about having people over too.
The wind was starting to pick up and the lights were flickering. The sun started to get dimmer as dark clouds rolled in. I even went and put on a sweater it was getting so chilly! By the time Tom and Caitlyn arrived, the power had gone out and we were using candles to tell if the french fries were done or not. The wind didn't hinder our fun times though. No way, we sat outside and enjoyed the stormy weather and the opportunity to eat hamburgers. Let me tell you they were so good! We had onions, Swiss cheese, garden tomatoes, bacon, fried eggs and REAL hamburger buns! Each bite was a little taste of heaven.
After our yummy dinner, full of wind, talking and laughter we moved inside for a fun game of Boggle - one of our favorites. It is great to play with different people from around the world. They have a much different vocab and it keeps you on your toes. I actually did ok this time, I even beat Joey by one point! That has never happened before!
Caitlyn and Tom had made a yummy dessert of apples, Cinnamon and tortillas all baked together with butter and sugar. I call it Caitlyn's Tortilla Bake. If you want the recipe let me know it is super yummy! Tom made custard to pour over the top and we ate our dessert by candlelight.
All in all it was a great evening and we were so encouraged by the fun and fellowship. Isn't great how God provides everything you need exactly when you need it, even hamburgers!
(sorry there haven't been any pictures with these posts, we don't have a camera right now. I hope to have one soon to show you all what we're up to, until then just use your imaginations :-))
No comments:
Post a Comment