Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ruby Tuesday and Other Random Thoughts.

I love that song by the Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday. Actually, if I'm honest I really enjoy classic rock period. Oldies, slightly younger oldies and quality 80's & 90's hits. I can thank my Dad for my general love of music. He knows more about oldies than anyone I know and made sure his kids had a good general knowledge of the classics. Including random historical information like what was happening the first time he heard such and such a song and what songs were on the B side of the record. Important stuff.

Its raining. No power. A team of 9 volunteers here to help us out. Those three things put together make for an interesting morning. So far so good. We're just going about business as usual and hoping it clears up real soon.

My right ear is plugged and making funny bubbling sounds. Not entirely sure what that means, but its weird. Thankfully I can still hear and thankfully I've never lost my hearing. Seriously, what a blessing to be able to hear. Something I know I take forgranted daily.

This volunteer team brought us some new printer cartraiges. So we can start printing things again. My life is going to be so much easier! Except for today, cuz there is no power. But otherwise so much easier!

My Mother-in-law also sent some Jelly Bellies with this team. You know the full size costco Jelly Bellies?! Amazing. Nothing like them here. I am keeping them on top of my fridge, where they are hard to reach so that I can make them last. Its hard though, they are SO good.

My sleepy-heads just woke up to start their day which means I should stop with this random mumbling and get going. Hope you're all having a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Mel G. said...

Thanks for the randomness Dani! Enjoy the beans!

Kirsten said...

Jelly Bellies!!!! Oh, that Costco tub full of joy. Seriously, I consider that to qualify as an excellent birthday present. I hope your top-of-the-fridge trick works...I'd probably just live on a chair next to it and snarl at the kids if they tried to get any;).