After two weeks away my awesome grey van is back and looking better than ever! I thought we were having some mechanical work done all this time (we were part of the time) but Joey had arranged to have some much needed TLC done as well. So I was pleasantly surprised when the grey van pulled up looking spiffy and with a new third seat!
We didn't have a third seat before so there were always kids sitting on the ground in the back, standing back there, having a wrestling match or a whole plethora of other activities happened back there. So, now we have a great third seat, everyone has a spot and everyone is super excited! This third seat folds up to make room for stuff in the back, and there is lots of leg room which is nice since the middle seat has little leg room at all. Isn't it great?!
He also fixed the passenger side door that wouldn't open from the inside, fixed windows, stripped areas of rust and painted. It looked like a brand new van. Oh, and there is a new radio! How fun is that?!
It was such a nice surprise because I do really love this old van, but some of its quirks were getting annoying. Now, it's so nice!
In other news it's World Cup time around here. Every night we've been watching a few games. Joey stayed up to watch the USA game, and the boys are watching and practicing outside every chance they get. They've even brought the World Cup to the breakfast table. This morning we had pancakes and I looked over to see soccer stadiums being built with pancake pieces.
There were lots of discussions about what plays were happening as they ate with pancake pieces dancing across the syrup "fields" to score a goal.
These kids, they kill me.
We keep waiting for summer break. Yesterday we finally got the official word, the last day of school party is the 26th. Not sure who is more excited them or me. Just a few days after school ends we begin the holy month of Ramadan, which means no work for Joey and lots of beach trips. Yup, I'm counting down the days!
Finally, Father's Day is not a Moroccan holiday, but I did barely remember and pull off a few special treats for the day. We are so blessed by Joey! He is an amazing Father and I can't even imagine doing this without him, I couldn't do this without him. Praise The Lord I don't have to!




2 comments:
So glad you got your van back! Can we see the outside?
You wouldn't be there without him!!!! Love the new seat...it looks better than the original ;) And a radio!?!?!? woah...new life. Now when the 'rents come, it's the Vito all the way. WHY didn't he get the windows tinted???? Love the World Pancake Cup news...it just isn't the same in the USA.
Post a Comment