One of the blogs I stumbled upon was Doug's. I knew he and his wife from church and actually worked with his
wife Jane for a year or more when I was on the church staff. We didn't spend a ton of time together, but she did teach me a lot about patience (working on the weekly bulletin together), worship and seeking after the heart of God. I found out recently that she has been battling cancer for some time. Dougs blog is a day by day journey through the final days of her life. I have been struck by his honesty and realness as he struggles with letting her go. I have wept with him while he asks the Lord "how should I pray?" And it has been a blessing to be reminded of the hope we have in the midst of a sinful world.Pray for Doug today as Jane went home to be with the Lord a little after noon. I cannot, not even a little bit, imagine... She is with the Lord though and for that we Praise Him. He gives and takes away, his timing is perfect and his peace beyond understanding. Our prayers are with you Doug and family.
1 comment:
I didn't know Jane personally but remember her from a far from our NWH days. I too have been reading Doug's daily blogs (via Mel's) and have also been amazed by both Doug and Jane. It's been a reminder to me of how God intends for us to be "real" with Him and one another. This life is good but it sure can be hard. PTL Jane is free now. She is able to do what she loves, worship Jesus.
Post a Comment